- Outdoor Patients department (O.P.D.):
O.P.D. timing: 8.30 a.m. to 12.30 p.m. (Monday to Saturday)
Availability of O.P.D. papers: 8.30 a.m. to 11.00 a.m.
20 -30 new patients and 80 -120 old patients are seen per day
- Indoor Patients department (I.P.D.):
We have facility of 16 beds for male patients in ward – 1 (currently it is shifted to ward – 3), 9 beds for female patients in ward – 19 and 5 beds for children in ward –
21 & 22.
- Electroconvulsive Therapy (E.C.T.):
This forms the mainstay of the treatment of psychiatry patients in day to day basis.
Facility of E.C.T. is available in O.P.D. 21. for both O.P.D. and I.P.D. patients. Around 15 to 25 patients receive E.C.T. per day.
- Electro Encephalogram (E.E.G.):
E. E. G. machine was installed in 1980.
Mobile E.E.G. was started in 2007 in view of helping emergency patients from MICU, ICCU AND trauma ward. This gives mobile service to patients without causing
inconvenience.We do around 5 -10 E.E.G. of patients per day.
- Child Guidance Clinic (C.G.C.):
This is a specialized clinical branch forming an essential part of mental health for kids. Pharmacotherapy, psychotherapy and counseling is offered in this clinic. Around 4 to 6 children are evaluated in C.G.C. per day.Timing: 8.30 a.m. to 12.30 p.m. (Monday to Saturday)
The clinical psychologist conducts a vast majority of psychological tests like MMPI/Rorscharch, IQ tests, BG/WMS and other ones for psychiatry department as well as the departments like Paediatrics, Medicine, Neurolgy etc.
This plays a crucial part of the ‘comprehensive patient care’ which includes counseling regarding the nature, course and the treatment of the illness to assure the compliance for the best outcome of the therapies. The psychiatric social worker
(P.S.W.) helps the patient to get the financial assistance for treatment, self employment and rehabilitation.
- Medicines at Concessional Rate Scheme (MCRS):
MCRS was started in 1996 for helping the psychiatry patients who were poor & hence not affording medicines, this scheme was started. In this scheme patients get medicines at half cost. At present ‘ Sunday Friends’ the NGO is providing this facility.
It was started in 2005. Counseling & Behavior Therapy of patients of dementia and their family members by the counselor is done on every Tuesday and Friday from 10.00 a.m. to 12.00 p.m.
- Electro Cardio Graph (E.C.G.):
E.C.G. in psychiatry O.P.D. was started in 2005 in view of violent patients having inconvenience to go to medical O.P.D. for getting E.C.G. done.
This is the essence of psychotherapy techniques provided by department as follows
- AA Group: conducted by patients and the social worker to help the alcoholics for dead diction from 10.30.a.m. to 12.00 p.m. on every Saturday.
- Somat Group: is for the patients of somatisation disorder conducted on every Monday at 1.30 p.m.
- Relaxation Group: is for the patients of anxiety disorders conducted on every Monday at 1.30 p.m.
- Schizophrenia Group: is for the family members of patient of schizophrenia conducted on every Thursday at 1.30 p.m.
- Sex Group: offers psychotherapies to the patients with sexual dysfunction. It is conducted on every Thursday at 1.30 p.m.
- Other psychotherapies: Individual psychotherapy for regular patients, psychotherapy for the wives of alcoholics etc. is given.