History - Nursing department was at military shacks and barracks.the need for training nurses was felt, therefore midwifery was started in 1950 and general Nursing in 1959.A new nurses Home and school of nursing was started in year 1954.
Nursing Education -
- 1.The syllabus for school nursing in vogue from 1965 was revised in 1985 Maharashtra nursing council and adopted by school of nursing. Community health nursing was given importance keeping in mind WHO Theme “Health for all by 2000 A. D.
- The period of training was reduced from 3 ½ years to 3years .
- In 1987 the first batch of students were admitted and trained as per new syllabus. The old norms for personnel required in school of nursing were changed. For fifty students’ one principal, one vice principal, six Tutors and one Tutor for every additional ten students was the new norm.
- The first Basic graduate Tutor to be appointed was Mrs.V.A.Ballawali followed by many more Basic and post basic Tutors.
- Since schools of nursing came in existence, the expectation of quality patient care by the administration has brought a lot of changes in the nursing service. There are more and more career minded nurses going for B.Sc., M.Sc., Hospital Administration, Public Health Nursing, Neonatal Nursing, Cancer Nursing and Enterostomal Therapist and many other courses. Many in service education programmes were also conducted with the help of Sister Tutors who took time off their work load to help Matron, so all round a general improvement in patient care is evident. Many nurses went abroad for specialized training too.
- In year 2004 the syllabus was again revised to get acquainted with the modern technologies including Computer, Research methods and Nsg Education.
Organisatoin at Glance -
Matron:- Mrs. Malen Pereira
Principal: - Mrs.Swati Bhide (Ag)
Council: - Central—Indian nursing council.
State:- Maharashtra nursing council.
E mail address:- email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Web site:- www.ltmgh.com
Telephone No:- 022 24076381 - 86. Ext.3505&3506.
Address:- School of nursing L.T.M.G. Hospital sion road, Mumbai-400022.