- Professor and Head of Department of Surgery
L.T.M. Medical College . Sion
Mumbai – 400022
- Tel : Off. 22-24042095. Resi. 22-25564770, 22-25554868.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Teaching Experience :
- Graduate students : 30yrs.
- Postgraduate students : 25 yrs.
- School: PES Girls High School. Pune.
- 34th in SSC Board Merit List.
- 1st prize in General Science in Board exam.
- Preprofessional: Fergusson College. Pune
5th in Pune University.
- MBBS: B.J. Medical College. Pune
- 1st in Physiology.
- 1st in Pune University in II nd MBBS
- 4 prizes and 2 scholarships.
- MS: Mumbai University 1978
Awards & Scholarships :
- British Council Visitorship 1990 – For advanced training in burn management – UK, Denmark, Netherlands.
- Training in Non- invasive vascular investigations at St. Mary’s Hospital, London in 1995.
- Hargobind foundation fellowship for training in deep venous surgery at USA in 1998.
- Observer at Shriners Burns Institute at Galveston. TX, USA in 1998.
- Dr. Joglekar gold medal for best original article in IJS 1998, on Deep venous thrombosis- Our Experience.
- Hari Om Ashram prerit Dr. S. Rangachari award for original research on Development of Banana leaf dressing for burnt patients in 2000.
- Dr M.G.Kini memorial Oration On Training in Trauma Care Delivered during ASICON 2005.
- Presidential Oration on Research in Wound Management At New Delhi on 9 th March 2007 during WOUNDCON 2007.
- Dr V S Metgud – IMA oration on “ Advances in Wound Management “ at Belgaum on 25 th March 2007.
- Modern Medicare ‘ Woman Achiever 2007’ Awarded by Infomedia India Ltd in March 2008.
- Felicitated as ‘Strenghth of Maharashtra ‘ by SAAM TV Channel
- ‘Shramseva Puraskar 2007’ awarded by Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University for the work in the field of burn care in September 2008
- Chairperson Board of studies for surgery and allied subjects , University of Mumbai for 6 years.
- President of Indian Association of Traumatology and Critical Care – A section of Association of Surgeons of India 2005-2010.
- Course Director for Post-doctoral fellowship program in Trauma Care of National Board of Examinations from 2002.
- President of Indian Society for Wound Management for 2006- 2008.
Special interests and Noteworthy Activities:
- Experience of trauma management of 27 years.
- Burns management : Chief of Burns for 20 years.
- Recognition of the burns unit as center of excellence for the Western region of India.
- Research in Wound management.
- Clinical trials on DVT, Chronic venous insufficiency.
- Conducting Venous Clinic from 1992.
- Set up the first Skin bank in India at LTM Medical college and hospital, Mumbai , in April 2000.
- Cultured epithelia lab set up at LTM Medical college under technology transfer program of Dept of Biotechnology, Govt. of India.
- Trauma training programs for interns, postgraduate students and general surgeons.
- Regular faculty for HIV-AIDS training program.
Research and Publications and Organisation:
- Conducted and completed 25 National and international multicentric clinical trials with implementation of ICH-GCP guidelines.
- More than 50 publications in national and international journals.
- Contributed chapters to 4 books.
- More than 200 invited lectures and presentations.
- Organisation and conduction of
- Conferences – 5.
- Updates and CME – 15.
- Training programs – 30.
- Symposia - 7.